This DIY basketry medium round basket kit is perfect for children and adults, and it is also suitable for absolute beginner weavers, but intermediates will have fun too.
Buy our 100% natural, organic Do it yourself kit made from natural rattan, wood, jute and paper.
Once created, these stunning woven baskets are just perfect for storing your favourite items, and make you feel a bit more organised.
This kit is suitable for classes/home schooling groups, care homes and residential facilities for activities. No animator necessary, just follow our easy to understand step by step manual and create your own master piece!
A quantity discount is available. Contact us for special pricing for bulk orders.
This medium round basket kit includes:
• a wooden blank
• short pieces of 2.5 mm centre cane for spokes
• coils of 2.5 mm centre cane for weavers
• short pieces of flat cane for weavers
• Illustrated, easy-to-understand instructions
• Fabric drawstring bag which can be re-used.
Product Dimensions: W x L x H: approximately 18cm X 18cm X 7.5cm
Packed Dimensions: 28cm X 36cm X 4cm
• 100 g – finished product,
• 210 g – packed product
Weaving has been done by many people around the world for thousands of years. It can be a fascinating and therapeutic creative hobby for both children and adults who desire to connect with history and nature and can also be very fulfilling and rewarding once finished.
Weaving is an extremely beneficial hobby and can help you in many ways including improving hand-eye coordination and can help you focus. However long you have been practicing, you will always make something useful, durable and beautiful with the skills you have, even if it doesn’t look the way it does on the picture or how you want it.
• A perfect natural, organic gift for your loved ones.
Features and Benefits:
• You can add colour to your basket by soaking in tea, coffee, food
colouring or other natural paint for several minutes and leaving it to dry.
• You can also apply matt/semi-glossy spray varnish or oil to make it extra
durable and water-proof.
• Improves hand-eye coordination; a relaxing, therapeutic activity.
• You will work with natural materials; 100% Handmade.
• You can learn the basics of an ancient, 1000s of years old craft.
• Improves focusing, following patterns.
• You can make something useful, durable and beautiful.
• Keep your favourite objects in this basket.
• Fun activity for the festive season, birthday parties, after school activities, home-schooling.
• Creative hobby for care homes and residential facilities for activities.
- Suitable from age 8+.
- A bowl of warm water and pair of scissors are used, so adult supervision is required.
- Activity might create slippery surface.
If you think you've got a friend who would like this, why not share it?
Zero Waste Product, Biodegradable, Eco-Friendly, Easter gift, Mother's Day gift, Vegan, Handmade, Craft, Craft Kit, Basketry Kit, Homeschooling